POP CHOIR AT THE PALAISWITH A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS Family and friends buy your ticket to come and see the show
DATE OF SHOW : SATURDAY 25TH NOVEMBER : SHOW STARTS 7.30PM
Pop Choir Experiences is taking on the biggest challenge to date.
For the first time ever Pop Choir will be hosting it’s very own professionally produced show, working along side some of the best professionals in the entertainment industry.
The show will be held at the iconic Palais Theatre in St Kilda. Melbourne’s home of live music, where many of the top Australian and international stars and graced the stage before us.
Like all Pop Choir Experiences the Pop Choir team will be working tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure a magical once in a life time experience is had by everyone, all in the comfort and support of your fellow Pop Choir members.
The Pop Choir team and the talented group of leading entertainment industry experts are dedicated in designing, writing, producing and directing the best and most dynamic show possible for Pop Choir members to be a part of. The Pop Choir experience team’s whole purpose is for the Pop Choir members to feel very proud of the show and our desire is for your family and friends to come along and be wowed and be truly entertained by the Pop Choir and the whole professional 50 minute show.
As always this Pop Choir Experience has been designed to give Pop Choir members the ultimate life changing performing experience for those who want to.
However, like always a term 4 community performance will also be offered as part of the Pop Choir membership . As soon as a xmas community held performance becomes available for us to participate in we will provide the you with the details. Darryl and Sharon are committed to always provide community performances as part of the Pop Choir membership.
Pop Choir Experiences are exclusively for ACTIVE Pop Choir Members only
PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO PROMO BELOW WITH ALL THE INFO ON THE SHOW
TICKET PRICE TO REGISTER AND CONFIRM YOUR SPOT IN THE SHOW
TICKETS GO ON SALE FRIDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER AT 10.00AM
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE
TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM THIS WEBSITE PAGE
THE COST FOR THE TICKET OF THE SHOW FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS WILL ONLY BE $49 AND WILL START TO GO ON SALE IN A FEW WEEKS ( This is the cheapest ticket price for any Palais Theatre show in 2023. We have tried to keep the cost of a ticket to watch the show as low as possible making it affordable for family members to attend.
WHAT YOU GET WITH YOUR TICKET
- 5 hour event at the Palais theatre being a part of your own professional produced Pop Choir show. This includes full dress rehearsal on the Palais theatre stage, full lights & audio rehearsal. This is exactly what would happened at professional show and you will be there to experience it all, making the whole day and experience as magical as ever.
- Performing on stage with one of the greatest female vocalists in Australia Jemma Rix.
- Performing on the Palais theatre stage, the largest fully seated theatre in Australia where some of the greatest stars have been before.
- A copy of the video of the filming of show including backs stage footage . This will be given to each ticket holder which will be filmed by Ryan Gaskett – the winner of short film/documentary at the LA film awards 2022 – to share with your family and friends. This is 4k video filmed with multiple cameras and has a value of $50 which will be given to you as part of the ticket price.
- Be invited to take part in a final rehearsal the week before the event on Nov 19th at 3.00pm at Sandrignham East Primary school.
- Work with the professional director Chris Dodson who will be directing the show
- Be on stage and singing with lead vocalists and backing singers Kay Rogers and Krista Thomson.
- Singing on stage with specifically designed choir risers. The choir risers are being hired and built just for the Pop Choir show from a professional external staging company. The risers will be designed for all Pop Choir members to be visable to the audience and on video of the show.
- Be on stage with a professional guitarist and bass player with musical direction by Jarred Doueal.
- Be on stage with the actor and narrator of the show Belinda Jenkin ( the show will have a theme of friendships for the tagline and narration of the show.
- Any publicity from the show will be used to be support a local charity chosen by the choir in term 4 via a online survey to try and help raise awareness for there cause.
ICONIC PALAIS THEATRE
This amazing 5 hour Pop Choir Experience will be held at the iconic Palais Theatre in St Kilda. The Palais Theatre is the largest seated Theatre in Australia as is often called Melbourne’s home of live music.
Saturday Nov 25th 2023
TBA 3pm Call time 7pm Show
$89 per person to be performer in the show.
Tickets on sale at 10.00am, Friday 8th September
Palais Theatre, Saint Kilda
INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS INVOLVED IN THE POP CHOIR AT THE PALAIS EXPERIENCE
Lead and background vocals
Show narrator and vocalist
Lead and background vocals
What does Pop Choir Experience cost?
The price for the Palais Performance Experience on Saturday Nov 25th and is $89 per person. Each Pop Choir Experience will be priced differently depending on each event.
All proceeds from performer ticket sales go towards the making of these spectacular events, which are designed for Pop Choir Members to experience once in a lifetime, one-off events.
It takes a lot of professionals, services, products and planning to put on a successful Palais show and we want to make sure you have the best experience possible.
How are Pop Choir Experiences different from performances put on as part of my Pop Choir Membership?
All performances as part of the monthly Pop Choir Membership, other than flash-mobs, have been designed by third parties. Organisations like Legacy (Melbourne Town Hall ) and John St Peeters (Elvis Show – Hamer Hall) come to us, and they plan, design, organise and pay to put on the event themselves, at no cost to Pop Choir. So these events are free to Pop Choir Members.
Darryl and Sharon love to think big and thought, why wait for these events to come to us once in a blue moon? Let’s instead put on our own spectacular events specifically designed for Pop Choir Members. So Pop Choir Experiences was born!
Do I need to be a good singer to participate in Pop Choir Experiences?
Absolutely not! Anyone can join Pop Choir Experiences, no matter how good of a singer you are or think you are.
As always, the Pop Choir Motto is “if you can speak you can sing”.
All Pop Choir Experiences will be tailor made with arrangements that are super easy to learn and sing. Pop Choir arrangements will be designed to easily blend in and sound amazing with whatever professionals are joining Pop Choir on stage, in the recording studio, television studio or any other iconic location.
Will my individual singing voice be heard during the show and will I be seen on stage?
Microphones will be placed high in the air above the choir, to pick up the sound of the choir singing together. The group will be heard as a collective no solo singers within the choir. We have hired choir tiering (steps) which will raise over a meter in the air for the final step. We have these so everyone can be seen. I know at rehearsals we cannot have the steps to practise but on stage you will all be seen.
Do I have to do Pop Choir Experiences?
Absolutely not! Pop Choir Experiences are only for those who want to be involved.
Would I be expected to practice for Pop Choir Experiences outside of weekly Pop Choir rehearsals?
Definitely yes! Although the utmost care and attention to detail has gone into designing a fun and easy experience, you will be expected to show a level of commitment to the project to help with its success. This means learning your lyrics and parts as best as you can, using the Members Portal in the weeks prior to the event, as well as trying hard in sessions. Although the events will be fun, we still want to sound and look the best as we can. A Drop Box folder will also be in the members area by Oct 2nd. While on stage you can use a folder, anyone in the front rows of any steps will not be allowed to use their folders.
How will we learn songs for the show?
The songs we are singing in the show we have been taught at some point throughout this year. If you are new to Pop Choir never fear, we will be going over songs during sessions too! We have a Dropbox folder for anyone to listen print and learn their song with their part using the guide vocals. Happy Learning and having fun at home, in the car etc.
Is their a code of conduct?
Yes! All Pop Choir Experience are from Darryl and I to give you all a fantastic experience. We would expect any questions or concerns to please be directed kindly and privately and not in-front of a group. We try our best to put on these experience and while we cannot please everyone we ask to please be kind to each other. We also ask no pushing within the group and if you are experiencing anyone making you feel uncomfortable to please let us know so we can address the issue before it escalates.
Will we be able to have input into what charities we support for future Pop Choir Experiences?
Absolutely yes! We will reach out during the start of term 4 to see which charity the choir vote to support for this event.
What happens if an experience is cancelled?
If we need to cancel, the Pop Choir team will issue full refunds to all ticket holders.
Come on down
7.30PM -8.30 PM Mordialloc
6pm and 7.30PM Mornington
7.30PM -8.30 PM Oakleigh
8.15 PM – 9.15 PM Moorabbin
15 Chapel Rd Moorabbin 3189